New Apple iPhone 5 Video Trailer demonstrate the new iPhone 5’s features and specifications.
On Wednesday 12th September 2012, Apple introduced the new iPhone 5. There are a wealth of new features and I’ve highlighted a few here for your reading pleasure.
- New Bigger Screen – 4″ 1136 x 640 resolution – it’s taller and caters for 5 rows of apps
- Super Fast Wireless – New to the iPhone 5 is LTE, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA support. That’s on top of the GPRS, EDGE, EV-DO, and HSPA that the iPhone 4S offered. Schiller said that with LTE, the iPhone 5 can achieve a “theoretical maximum downlink of up to 100Mbps.”
- A6 Processor – The processor in the iPhone 5 is the brand new Apple A6, which is twice as fast at CPU and graphics processing compared to the A5 that drove the iPhone 4S.
- Battery – The iPhone 5 will offer eight hours of 3G talk time and browsing and LTE browsing, 10 hours of Wi-Fi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music, and 225 hours of standby time.
- Lightning Dock Connector – The iPhone 5 abandons the familiar 30-pin dock connector port, which first appeared with the original iPod in 2003. In its place is a smaller port, which Apple calls Lightning.You can plug this bad boy in either way round – better.
- Audio – The iPhone 5 includes three separate microphones, Schiller said: One on the front, one on the back, and one on the bottom. They improve noise cancellation and voice recognition. The speaker gets improved, too with a better frequency response.
- The Camera – The iPhone 5’s camera sports an eight megapixel sensor, 3264 by 2448 pixel images. It’s backside illuminated, with a hybrid IR filter, five-element lens, and a fast f/2.4 aperture. And the camera is 25 percent smaller than the iPhone 4S’s camera. The camera also includes a dynamic low-light mode, which can sense low light and combine elements for two f-stops greater.
More Details – Source: www.macworld.com
After getting into the app business myself a few months back, I found this keynote more exciting than any of the previous releases, as my interest in the capabilities of the new iPhone 5 would help to shape some big decision making as an App Developer.
These are exciting times for mobile technology and with the Samsung Galaxy S3 outselling the iphone last month, the newly anticipated iPhone has it’s work cut out for the first time since the release of the iPhone 4S. Let’s wait and see how the new iPhone 5 stacks up against the competition.
The iPhone 5 will be available on September 21st 2012 in the U.S., Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore, with pre-orders starting on September 14th 2012 – pricey? Hell Yeah!